Air Serbia

Founded
1927
Type
Full Service Carrier
Fleet size
21
Destinations
49
Passengers per year
2,620,000

Air Serbia is the national airline of Serbia. It’s one of the largest airlines in southeastern Europe. The airline flies to destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and North America. In addition, the airline offers flights to destinations all over the world through its partner airlines.

Organization

The government of Serbia owns 51% of the airlines’ stakes while the United Arab Emirates airline Etihad Airways owns the remaining 49%. The airline has a few subsidiaries among which the Serbian charter airline Aviolet. Air Serbia is a member of the International Air Transport Agency and has a codeshare agreement with almost 20 other airlines, among which Aeroflot, Air France and Ethiad Airways.

Parent company
Government of Serbia

History

Air Serbia was founded in 2013, at the moment JAT Airways was reorganized through a new partnership between Etihad Airways, JAT Airways and the government of Serbia. However, the airlines’ traces go back as far as 1927, when the carrier Aeroput was formed. It was the national airline of the Serbs, Croats, Slovenes and of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. The airline started its operation in 1928 and shortly after this, it became one of the 10 largest airlines in Europe. In 1947, the airline changed its name to JAT Airways, which retained this name for more than 60 years.

Quick facts

  • In 2017, the airline won the Airline Market Leader award by Air Transport World.

Passengers

2015
2,550,000
2016
2,620,000
2017
2,620,000

Lounges

Air Serbia has a premium lounge at Belgrade Airport. Please consult website Air Serbia for more information.

Buy lounge access

Luxury airport lounge

Baggage

All Economy Class passengers are allowed to bring one piece of hand luggage with a maximum weight of 8 kg. Business Class passengers can bring two pieces with each a maximum of 8 kg. In addition, you can bring one personal item. The number of pieces of checked baggage that passengers are allowed to bring depends on the travel class and the destination. Please consult website Air Serbia for more information.

Send your luggage

Lost baggage

In-flight Wi-Fi

Air Serbia offers paid in-flight Wi-Fi, its called Wi-Fly. Please consult website Air Serbia for more information.

Photos

Do you want to share your pictures with the world? Please send them to us, and we will publish them on our website!

Send us your photo

AirMundo.com offers free airport information through its own websites and partners. The use of this data is only permitted for non-commercial purposes, provided that the source is mentioned. Use for commercial purposes requires permission from AirMundo.com, see the disclaimer.