AirBaltic is a Latvian airline with its headquarters in the capital of Latvia, Riga. The airline flies to destinations in Europe and Asia. AirBaltic’s goal is to offer safe, punctual and high-service flights.
AirBaltic is for 80% owned by the Latvian government and for 20% by the company Aircraft Leasing 1 SIA. The airline is no member of an alliance but has codeshare agreements with more than a dozen airlines in Europe. The airline has about 1,600 employees.
- Parent company
- Government of Latvia
- Riga Airport
AirBaltic was founded in 1995 as Air Baltic by signing of a joint venture between Scandinavian Airlines and the government of Latvia. In 2004, the airline was rebranded as AirBaltic. AirBaltic’s operation started at the end of 1995.
- In 2010, the airline was chosen as one of the 10 most innovative airlines by airlinetrends.com.
- AirBaltic was the most punctual airline in 2014.
- In 2018, AirBaltic received the ATW Airline Industry Achievement Award as the Market Leader of the Year.
- AirBaltic has been awarded for best Latvia employer of the year, 5 years in a row from 2013 to 2018.
- The airline is the world’s second-most punctual airline in 2019, according to OAG.
AirBaltic allows passengers to take 8 kg of hand luggage on board. This includes one piece of hand luggage and a personal item. It’s possible to bring 4 kg extra cabin luggage for an additional fee. The amount of checked bags travelers are allowed to bring depends on the travel class. Economy Basic travelers need to pay an additional fee to bring hold luggage while Economy Premium passengers are eligible to take one bag with a maximum weight of 20 kg for free. Business passengers are allowed to bring two pieces of 20 kg each. Please consult website AirBaltic for more information.
There is no in-flight Wi-Fi on AirBaltic aircraft.
Do you want to share your pictures with the world? Please send them to us, and we will publish them on our website!