KLM is the flag carrier of the Netherlands and one of the seven largest full-service carriers in Europe, together with Lufthansa, Air France, British Airways, Turkish Airlines, Aeroflot and Scandinavian Airlines. It is one of the most innovative airlines in the world, in the past and now.
KLM is part of the airline group Air-France-KLM, a result of the merger between Air France and KLM in 2004. It has three subsidiary airlines, namely low cost airline Transavia, feeder airline KLM Cityhopper and cargo airline Martinair. The company’s headquarters are located in Amstelveen, south of Amsterdam and very close to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
- Parent company
- Air France-KLM
The airline was founded in 1919, in 2019 KLM is celebrating their 100th anniversary. The Dutch company is known as the oldest airline in the world.
- KLM stands for ‘Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij’
- KLM is the oldest airline in the world still operating under its original name
- It offers flights many flights from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, not from other Dutch airports
- KLM is big on social media like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Its feeder airline is called KLM Cityhopper
- It is possible to buy one-way tickets through KLM, but prices are high. KLM wants you to buy return tickets, as a result, it is more economical to do so.
KLM has a total of four lounges, two at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, one at Houston George Bush Airport and one at Toronto Pearson Airport (shared with Air France).
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
KLM Crown Lounge Non-Schengen (Lounge 52)
Location: Between E and F piers
KLM Crown Lounge Schengen (Lounge 25)
Location: Near gate D59
Houston George Bush Airport
KLM Crown Lounge Houston TX
Location: Terminal D in front of gate D7
Toronto Pearson Airport
Air France-KLM Lounge YYZ
Location: Terminal 3 (airside)
If your flight is being delayed by more than three hours, is cancelled or is your flight overbooked (within the last three years), under EU rule 261/2004 you are often entitled to up to €700 in compensation. For more information about a possible flight compensation, please check the link below.
Do you want to share your pictures with the world? Please send them to us, and we will publish them on our website!