Transavia

Founded
1965
Type
Low Cost Carrier, Charter
Fleet size
42
Destinations
106
Passengers per year
15,828,000

Transavia is a Dutch low-cost and charter airline that mainly flies to several European destinations and is focussing on destinations in the Mediterranean Area.

Organization

Transavia is a full subsidiary of the Dutch flag carrier KLM.

Parent company
AirFrance-KLM

History

Transavia was founded in 1965 as Transavia Holland. The airline started operating one year later in 1966, just before its first flight from Amsterdam to Naples took place. In 1991, KLM bought 80% of Transavia’s shares and bought the remaining 20% in 2003. After the merger between Air France and KLM, a French unit of Transavia (Transavia France) was established.

Passengers

2015
10,805,000
2016
13,279,000
2017
14,773,000
2018
15,828,000

Baggage

Transavia passengers can bring 1 piece of cabin luggage with a maximum size of 55 x 40 x 25 cm on board. However, on busy flights, it is possible that the item needs to be placed in the hold. For other hold luggage, passengers need to pay an additional fee. Please consult website Transavia for more information.

Send your luggage

Lost baggage

In-flight Wi-Fi

Transavia does not offer in-flight Wi-Fi on board its aircraft.

Photos

Do you want to share your pictures with the world? Please send them to us, and we will publish them on our website!

Send us your photo

AirMundo.com offers free airport information through its own websites and partners. The use of this data is only permitted for non-commercial purposes, provided that the source is mentioned. Use for commercial purposes requires permission from AirMundo.com, see the disclaimer.